By the Numbers
- 100+ cooking shows that I have watched with my son who is a foodie
- 7 countries in the Far East visited in the last 4 years
- 6 dogs in my care since childhood
Besides enjoying travelling and meeting people in her travels, Lori also enjoys one on one contact with clients that she is able to meet at W.L. Dueck & Co. LLP. She is able to combine her passion for people with her knowledge in cross border tax matters and frequently advises clients on tax strategies and manages their tax return preparation needs. Lori’s US and cross-border tax practice is focused mainly on personal tax issues for both individuals and corporations with employees transferring across borders.
Lori’s people skills help her build relationships with various clients including employees of Canadian and multinational corporations and their senior executives, high net worth individuals and entrepreneurs.
Lori is passionate in acting as coach and mentor to W.L. Dueck & Co. LLP’s professional staff. She has built a strong team allowing her and her partners to consistently provide high quality service to the firm’s clients.
Lori’s career in US and cross-border tax services began with KPMG. She progressed from being a “green” CGA student to a US tax manager. She then joined PwC where she was ultimately promoted to Associate Partner prior to joining W.L. Dueck & Co. LLP.
- US Citizens Resident in Canada
- Expatriate Policy Design and Implementation
- Cross Border Employees and Business Travelers
- Taxpayers in Transition between Canada and the US
- Cross Border Payroll Consulting
- Entertainers and Athletes
- Canadian and US Voluntary Disclosures
- Assisted with the development and administration of expatriate assignment policies for multinational corporations in structuring cost effective policies to achieve business needs. Resulted in tax savings by reducing employees’ assignment costs in excess of $500,000.
- Successfully represented client in affirming non-residency status with Canada Revenue Agency which resulted in tax savings to client of $250,000
- Advised Canadian resident on departure tax planning, tax savings of over $300,000
- Chartered Professional Accountant, Certified General Accountant (British Columbia)
- Bachelor of Science (with Honors) – California State University
- Chartered Professional Accountants of BC
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Vancouver Lawn and Tennis Club