Paula Owen is a Tax Manager with the Calgary, Alberta office of W.L. Dueck & Co. LLP.
By the Numbers
- 3 amazing daughters with her husband Dustin
- 3 passports: Canada, Britain and Ireland
- 7 triathlons tenaciously completed
Paula’s career has been focused on cross-border tax services. She has over 20 years of experience working with clients based in Canada, the US or other countries that have US tax obligations. She has also experienced life abroad, working for KPMG in the US and UK.
Paula started her career on the west coast of Canada in Victoria working before joining KPMG’s global mobility practice focused on cross-border tax matters for individuals. As her expertise and experience grew, she rose to a leadership position there before taking time off to raise her young family.
Paula enjoys the outdoors, staying active and having fun with new challenges such as learning how to swim as an adult. Her young family keeps her adventurous and is involved in multiple activities including ringette, swimming, Irish dancing, piano and soccer.
- US citizens resident in Canada
- Canadians moving to the US
- Tax return preparation for US citizens resident in Canada and Canadians resident in the US
- Enrolled Agent 2006
- Chartered Professional Accountant (British Columbia) 2000
- Diploma in Business Administration, Camosun College Victoria, 1994
- Member, CPA Canada, Alberta and British Columbia