Philip Mei is a Tax Manager with W.L. Dueck & Co. LLP’s Calgary, Alberta office.
By the Numbers
- 4 Languages spoken
- 3 Cities lived in
- 1 Lovely daughter with wife Chelsea
Philip has been dealing with US and cross-border tax issues his whole career. He specializes in Canadian and US cross-border tax planning and compliance for US citizen and expatriates. He is in the process of completing the In-Depth Canadian tax training program.
Philip enjoys spending time with his young daughter. He enjoys following tech news and watching sports.
- US citizens resident in Canada
- Canadians moving to the US
- US citizen with non-US private corporations
- US Estate and Gift tax
- Identified opportunity in payroll tax exemption eligibility for a large corporation, saved client over $2 million.
- Implemented planning to mitigate client’s exposure to Foreign Passive Investment Company (PFIC).
- Assisted US citizens with delinquent tax filings and minimizing tax liability and penalty
Education and Accreditation
- Chartered Professional Accountant, CPA, CGA (Alberta)
- Certified Public Accountant (New Hampshire)
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Alberta
Professional Affilications and Activities
- Member, CPA, CGA (Alberta), CPA (New Hampshire)