Philip Mei is a Tax Manager with W.L. Dueck & Co. LLP’s Calgary, Alberta office.
By the Numbers
- 4 Languages spoken
- 3 Cities lived in
- 1 Lovely daughter with wife Chelsea
Philip has been dealing with US and cross-border tax issues his whole career. He specializes in Canadian and US cross border tax planning and compliance for US citizen and expatriates. He is in the process of completing the In-Depth Canadian tax training program.
Philip enjoys spending time with his young daughter. He enjoys following tech news and watching sports.
- US citizens resident in Canada
- Canadians moving to the US
- US citizen with non-US private corporations
- US Estate and Gift tax
- Identified opportunity in payroll tax exemption eligibility for a large corporation, saved client over $2 million.
- Implemented planning to mitigate client’s exposure to Foreign Passive Investment Company (PFIC).
- Assisted US citizens with delinquent tax filings and minimizing tax liability and penalty
- Chartered Professional Accountant, CPA, CGA (Alberta)
- Certified Public Accountant (New Hampshire)
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Alberta
- Member, CPA, CGA (Alberta), CPA (New Hampshire)