By the Numbers
- 4 thousand meters swimming twice a week
- 4 bicycles including a tandem and a track bike
- 4 grandchildren
Warren’s idea of relaxation is different than most people. He has cycled India, hiked Baffin Island, trekked Borneo, canoed the Yukon and soaked in geothermal pools in Iceland. Looking at tax issues from a different perspective gives him a unique ability to identify issues and opportunities. In US and cross-border tax, this skill is invaluable.
Warren’s entire career has been dealing with US and cross-border tax issues including as a partner at Ernst & Young and at KPMG’s Seattle and Vancouver offices. His expertise covers a broad range of issues for businesses, individuals, trusts and other entities that most practitioners never see. While Warren refers to himself as a “concepts” guy, he’ll make the numbers work for you.
- Canadian Investment in US Real Property
- Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions
- Cross-Border Ownership Strategies
- State and Local Income, Sales and Other Taxes
- US Citizens Resident in Canada
- Designed plan to minimize tax on the sale of business with operations in Canada and the US saving over $300,000 in tax.
- Negotiated tax settlement with IRS saving client over $20 million in tax.
- Developed ownership strategy for real estate investment that cut tax costs in half.
- Identified conflicting tax treatments in Canada and US that saved client $250,000 in tax on incentive compensation.
- Chartered Professional Accountant, FCPA, FCA (British Columbia and Alberta)
- Certified Public Accountant (Washington)
- Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania – Master of Science in Accounting
- Seattle Pacific University – Bachelor of Arts, General Honors Program (Religion), magna cum laude
- Chartered Professional Accountants of BC
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- International Fiscal Association
- Briercrest College and Seminary (USA) Foundation
- Steveston Athletic Association